Kinki-NetKinki-Net

audio recorder

Discussion started on Tech Problems and Solutions

Dear Ron, dear Daniel
thank you for your advice.
I was browsing the apps again and trying lots of them. The apps offer me the choices built-in input or built-in microphone.
But Wire Tap had another option for recording the sounds on the computer which worked best: record Mac Audio.
Using built-in input: no recordings at all. This seems to be useful when recording with an external microphone.
Built-in microphone: you record everything - the radio programme and the vacuum cleaner I was happening to use when recording. Mac Audio of Wire Tap Studio didn´t mind my vacuum cleaner and other noises I made while recording. I just left the computer alone and I got a clean recording.
All the apps I have seen don´t offer the choice.

I tried the app Micro Wave Express, but there I need the software Soundflower for recording internet radio
My security settings tell me that the authentification certificate of this software is old. So I can´t install it.
I was somehow stuck: is it okay to install the software even with the mentioned authentification certificate problem?

Thank you Daniel for the advice with Soundflower. Do you have any advice?

I hope I can see you next Sunday at the KMUG meeting,

Bertlinde

Hi Bertlinde-

Just a couple of days ago I was looking at audio recorders on the App Store, to record speeches for clients. As it turned out, I decided to use GarageBand--but this probably wouldn't suit your needs. Several of the ones I looked at give you the choice of input--either the mic or the computer's internal sound (which is what I guess you need for recording Internet radio).

Can't remember the name of a particular one, but if you enter "audio recorder" in the search field on the App Store you'll get many hits. Several are free, many only a few hundred yen. The description should give you a good idea of whether the App meets your needs. Some of the apps that are over ¥1,000 have a "Lite" or "Express" version you can try out (usually limited to short recordings) to see whether you like the 'feel' of them.

Good luck!
-Ron
#5 - March 14, 2015, 07:53:55 AM

I noticed an old MacWorld review for Soundflower.  Please check it out.

Daniel
#4 - February 28, 2015, 05:18:18 AM

Hi Bertlinde-

Just a couple of days ago I was looking at audio recorders on the App Store, to record speeches for clients. As it turned out, I decided to use GarageBand--but this probably wouldn't suit your needs. Several of the ones I looked at give you the choice of input--either the mic or the computer's internal sound (which is what I guess you need for recording Internet radio).

Can't remember the name of a particular one, but if you enter "audio recorder" in the search field on the App Store you'll get many hits. Several are free, many only a few hundred yen. The description should give you a good idea of whether the App meets your needs. Some of the apps that are over ¥1,000 have a "Lite" or "Express" version you can try out (usually limited to short recordings) to see whether you like the 'feel' of them.

Good luck!
-Ron
#3 - February 08, 2015, 10:10:17 AM
"Talk to your neighbors" — Albert Camus

Hi,
sometimes I would like to record some programs of the internet radio.

I used the app Wire Tap in the past, but with Yosemite I can´t use it anymore.
The maker is not fixing the problems it has with Yosemite. The company takes it "off the shelves".

Now I am looking for a good audiorecorder. Do you have any recommendation? It should record the sounds on the Mac.

Thanks,

Bertlinde
#2 - February 06, 2015, 12:08:25 PM

Members: